Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Week 18

AREA: North Las Vegas (Deer Springs/Waterfall)        
COMPANION: Elder Steward  

Hello!
 I forgot my journal again so I will just summarize my week the best I can.

      This was decent, we had about 5 lessons this week.  We weren't
able to meet with Jen again, she keeps canceling last minute, it's
getting kind of annoying.  We did meet with Brendan twice this week
and taught about the scripture study and the Plan of Salvation.  He
was excited he is understanding the scriptures better but said it's to
hard to follow the rules especially if he goes off to college.  He
called us this morning telling us he doesn't want to meet with us
anymore because it's to hard and we tried to explain to him what he is
doing and he agreed he still was strong about his decision so that
sucks.  Hopefully he changes his mind soon.  Transfers are next week
so I'll let you know what happens.  The other lessons we had this week
were with new converts and Joe.  They went well, Joe is still
struggling, he wants to get out of the house as soon as possible.  The
divorce is almost final and is ready for it to be, it's pretty sad.
We are trying to find people to teach but nobody seems to not want to
talk to us even more than usual because it gets darker quicker and
it's colder out👌🏻50 degrees haha.  It supposed to get down below
freezing for the low soon and on bike that's cold.  I hope I have a
great last week before transfers, I'm trying hard every day I serve.
Hope for the best this week.

We watched a really funny but meaningful video in church yesterday in
priest quorum about helping less actives come back to church.  I'm not
sure what it's call but it's in the picture below to follow it on
gospel library.  It's about Guillermo.

I know that bringing less actives back to church is just as important
as getting baptisms because number don't matter.  People Salvation
matters, bringing them back to church is sometimes hard but all you
have to do is be there friend.  I know that will make the whole
difference.  Pray for specific people and specific missionaries by
name in your area to have success and that will give them blessing and
you as well.  I love our church and I know it's the only true one.  It
is the fullness of the gospel and so great full to have it in my life.



Christmas lights in the missionary apartment

Follow this to the video



No comments:

Post a Comment