Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Week 15

AREA: North Las Vegas (Deer Springs/Waterfall)       
COMPANION: Elder Steward 

Monday- Today we bought new shoes for Elder Steward it is Elder
Stewards birthday the 8th.  They were really nice shoes I might get
some similar soon.  The brand is Winthrop.  We had normal p-day
activities and then had dinner with a family.  Later today we found
out two boys in our ward got hit by a car in there neighborhood while
long boarding.  Both are 12 years old and one had it bad and the other
was just bruised and sore.  Jayden broke his Femur, arm, and a rib I
believe.  He is going to be in the hospital for a while.  It's pretty
scary what a car can do to someone at low speeds.

Tuesday- It's Elder Stewards birthday so I cooked him pancakes.  Also
I let our dinner appointment know it was his bday because she is a
super fun lady in the ward that I thought she would like to know.
Today we were on bike and were trying to find people.  We had a lesson
with Jen about the Law of Chasity and it went well.  Overall good day.

Wednesday-  We had a lesson with a guy named Michael who we tracted
into.  He is cool, he said right now he is going to a Jehovah Witness
but then says he believes Christ is huge when Jehovah Witnesses only
believe he's a good person.  So we will try to teach him more soon.
Then we had a lesson with Joe and he isn't doing to well.  He is
moving out of the house soon because he is getting a divorce so he
struggling right now.  Then we had a lesson with the Brewster's about
not comparing ourselves with each other. Good lesson and good day.

Thursday- Today we had the chance to go to the temple and the temple
is so awesome.  It's on a hill top looking over the strip.  It's a
cool view, I will have to get pics from a Elder that took them because
I didn't bring my ipad with me.  It was a strong spiritual experience,
every time I go I learn something new.  We had a lesson with a guy we
tracted into and named Andre and he agreed everything we said but then
explains what he believes which was completely different. He didn't
have very good concentration or listening skills.  I think he has a
disability but we will try going by again another time.

Friday- Today we got in contact with the McDonalds and we taught them
about 2 months ago so it took a while to catch them.  They are very
busy but still interested, we will text them in two weeks to set up a
lesson with them.  We had dinner with the Gwin family and they were
funny.  We talked a lot about his mission and politics.  I heard that
Marijuana was legalized in Nevada and some other states, that sucks.
We have been trying our hardest and haven't had a lot of people to
teach.  It's a hard area but I know we are doing a good job in our
area.  We have a baptism for Kash next Weekend the 19th.  I'm excited
for that.  We have almost all of it planned out.

Saturday- Today we tracted into another Michael and he was cool.  We
had a discussion on what we believed and talked about why organized
church is important and how Jesus Christ organized the church when he
was on the Earth.  He gave us a super cool Action Bible book.  It's
pretty much a comic strip of the whole Bible with cool illustrations.
Stake Conference is tomorrow so I'm excited for that.

Sunday-  Today we had a good stake Conference. President Walker had a
great talk about missionary work and the joy that comes from it.  It's
a blessing to serve the Lord. Other than that it was a pretty normal
day?

This week I have really been working on having more effective studies.
It's been working out good, I read a chapter out of the BOM and the
one out of the New Testament.  I study out of the student Manuel to
understand everything I'm reading.  I also try to think of what I
study throughout the day.  I know your studies are very important to
keep your testimony strong and growing.  It's always helpful to start
your morning off with studies because you think about it through pout
your day if you have a true study.

No comments:

Post a Comment