Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Week 13

AREA: North Las Vegas (Deer Springs/Waterfall)    
COMPANION: Elder Steward  
 
What's up! Happy Halloween!  Day 97! Almost a 100 already!
This week has been awesome, I had my first baptism, we baptized Sara
Bachmura, her boy friend baptized her.  She is 16 and we have been
teaching her for a while.  That was definitely the highlight of the
week.  Also on Sunday I confirmed her,  it was awesome to be the
person to officially a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter
Day-Saints.  Having the power of God with me to give me the
opportunity to give someone the Holy Ghost.  I have a much stronger
testimony of the Priesthood and love for Christ church.  Other than
that we have had a great week as well.  We made a contract with the
Lord to commit to knocking 10 doors a day, 8 lessons a week and better
companion studies.  It has been going very well,  we have not found
any new investigators yet but we did get a few referrals that could
turn into a new investigator or new family to teach.  This is the last
week before transfers and it's likely I will get a new companion.
I've enjoyed spending time with Elder Steward and he's a good trainer.
His younger brother just received his call to go to Nova Scotia,
Canada, something like that I know it's in the area near Maine.  Also
someone in the ward just got her call for Tucson, Arizona so Ryan will
most likely see her out there.  Her name is Sister Haskin.

Baptism is such an important ordinance that we are given to do.   Most
importantly is the priesthood we are given to perform baptism and
confirmation.  It is very special to see someone be baptized and find
the happiness and joy in the gospel.  Especially when you are the one
who taught them and see them grow.

I love the joy that comes from this gospel.  This is the one and only
church.  And I know that through the power of the Holy Ghost.  I'm
having the time of my life out here!



Baptism

Happy Halloween!

New tie I traded for. Not my favorite but it's a tie.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment