Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Week 16

AREA: North Las Vegas (Deer Springs/Waterfall)       
COMPANION: Elder Steward  

I forgot my journal so I'm going to just sum up my week that I remember.
I'll just talk about the highlights of my week.

We taught Jen on Tuesday about the law of tithing.  It went well and
she is willing to do so when she is baptized which is to be announced
because her husband is still not allowing her too.  Hopefully he
changes his mind soon.  The coolest thing that happened this week was
the baptism for Kash.  Not only Kash but his sister Michelle decided
to get baptized too!  Michelle is 17 and took the lessons about 5
months ago but her brother Kash set a good example and Michelle felt
strongly that she needs to be baptized too.  We found out Thursday
night and the baptism was Saturday.  So on Friday went through the
main idea of all the lessons which took about 45mins then she had her
baptismal interview.  It was a miracle to find out she as well wanted
to be baptized.  Michelle and Kash are awesome and have testimonies of
the true church.  Michelle definitely felt the spirit strong, she
cried a lot as the spirit touched her.  Especially at the confirmation
on Sunday.  Their grandpa baptized and confirmed them both.  Amazing
experiences I have had this week.  We also got 2 new investigators
this week, named Brenden and Rey.  Brenden is 17 too and he is from St
Paul Minnesota originally and still goes back to live with his dad in
the summer I believe.  His brother James Henry goes to lives in
Woodbury somehow and goes to Woodbury High School.  He's 15 so I
believe he's in the 10th grade.  We invited Brenden to the baptism and
he planned on coming to the baptism late because he didn't feel
comfortable coming but luckily the baptism started late and he really
enjoyed it.  Then we had a lesson with him after the baptism about the
Restoration and he had lots of questions we were able to answer.  He
couldn't understand what he read when he read the Book of Mormon and I
had similar problems in the past and still do.  I shared what I've
done to help me understand and he was willing to try it.  Also Rey is
now a new investigator, we have known him for a while.  We go over a
lot to get water when ever we need it and they have fed us dinner
before.  At first he wasn't interested in taking the lessons but now
he is willing to listen to what we have to say now that we know him
well.  A lot of great things happened this week and hope to have more
miracles like I've had.  Love you all and miss you!

Mosiah 5:15
15 Therefore, I would that ye should be steadfast and immovable,
always abounding in good works, that Christ, the Lord God Omnipotent,
may seal you his, that you may be brought to heaven, that ye may have
everlasting salvation and eternal life, through the wisdom, and power,
and justice, and mercy of him who created all things, in heaven and in
earth, who is God above all. Amen.

Great scripture I've found from the study we did to prepare for Zone
Conference.  I love how direct it is and talking about how powerful
God is.

Love you






No comments:

Post a Comment