Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Week 23

AREA: North Las Vegas (Deer Springs/Waterfall)        
COMPANION: Elder Tukuwafu

My week has been pretty good, we are having trouble finding people to
teach so we are doing a lots of finding activities. For example
visiting part member family's, unbaptized children, and a lot of
potential investigators. The highlight of my week is contacting a
referral named Lamar Rogers, he is a police officer out of duty right
now because his back hurts from a plane accident. We were able to
teach him today but it ended up being a 2 1/2 hour lesson due to his
openness and lots of talking.   Other than the lesson being too long
it was very sad. Jewel. We were able to set up another appointment for
Wednesday hopefully it will be shorter. We were also able to teach Jen
Mujica and Brendan.  Me and Elder Tukuafu are getting along, he is
teaching me a lot about how to be a better teacher and not awkward
when speaking to investigators haha.  I guess I have awkward pauses
that other steward used to do so I start picking it up. Other than
Lamar, Jen, and Brandon's lesson the week was pretty slow.  All we can
do his work harder and rely on the spirit to guide us to find new
investigators. We also have been trying to work with the ward members
more frequently to get referrals to contact.  Missionaries love
referrals! I encourage you guys to be missionary minded and good
example so you may have referrals to give to your missionaries.

This week I have been focusing on the Atonement and the Sacrament.
The Atonement is so special we have the opportunity use it in our
everyday lives.  It can help you with not only repenting from sins but
when you are in tough situations in life.  I know Jesus Christ
suffered for us and he loves us more than we can comprehend. I know he
lives and that we can get help from him.  We just have to read our
scriptures and pray sincerely.  I know what I'm doing out here is what
God wants for me.  It's what I want for myself.  I wouldn't be out
here if I don't know that this church is true.  It's truly a sacrifice
to be out here, and it can be hard sometimes but I always need to
remember to think about why I'm truly here.  I'm here for the people I
teach and the people I help come to Christ.  It's a wonderful
opportunity to be here and I'm not going to waste my time, I'm going
to get my money's worth.

Love you guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment