Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Week 25

AREA: North Las Vegas (Deer Springs/Waterfall)        
COMPANION: Elder Tukuwafu


First off a drink driver hit us Friday in the middle of the
afternoon.  It was a very minor accident.  We were driving in the
middle lane down a road in a school zone, 25mph speed limit and this
guy in his truck was in and out of his lane.  We noticed his truck and
me and my companion were thinking this guy is going to cause an
accident and he did.  He tried to get in in the right lane and pass me
on the right and when he was coming into my lane he hit us with the
middle of his bedside of his truck.  All he did was fold our mirror in
and pushed in our passenger side fender.  He just has a line dent on
the bed of the truck.

Other than that my week was pretty slow besides when Elder Bednar
came.  That was awesome,  as we prepared to see him we studied 4 talks
that were really good.  A lot were about faith and the spirit and how
we have to learn with faith.  Really good passengers in the talks, in
one called "Ask in Faith" it says, "We properly pray for the safety
and success of the full-time missionaries throughout the world. And a
common element in many of our prayers is a request that the
missionaries will be led to individuals and families who are prepared
to receive the message of the Restoration. But ultimately it is my
responsibility and your responsibility to find people for the
missionaries to teach. Missionaries are full-time teachers; you and I
are full-time finders. And you and I as lifelong missionaries should
not be praying for the full-time missionaries to do our work!"  Really
bold but good information for members to help increase member
missionary work.  I got to shake Elder Bednar's hand and he we had a
open discussion/ questions about the talks and other things for about
2 hours.  It was really cool to see how put together his questions
were,  they were all 5 star questions in missionary terms.  He was a
very funny guy and liked to joke around here and there.  Great
apostle, one of my favorite speakers.

This week like I said was pretty slow, we had a lot of lessons
canceled but luckily rescheduled for next week. So next week should be
really good.  We went down the list of part members and called all of
them during weekly planning which helped fill up the week with
lessons.  We have one more week before the end of the transfer.   We
will see if I get transferred.  Pretty good week.

Something I really learned this week is how powerful the spirit is and
how you always need to act on the promptings off it.  God works
through the spirit to have miracles happen.  I know as we do this we
will see miracles in our daily lives.




No comments:

Post a Comment