Thursday, February 16, 2017

Week 27

AREA: Lone Mountain   
COMPANION: Elder How

My week has been great but first off I'll tell you about some changes
we have had that I forgot to mention last week.  Our schedule and
dinners have changed. For our schedule we can do daily planning in the
morning instead of at night. Also we can choose when to do companion
study.  And we can choose to do it either 30 or 60 mins.  We can also
do 30 to 60 min workout instead of just 30mins.  Now for the dinners,
from the first presidency we have told to have only one meal a week at
a members, less active, or investigators house.  So now we have learn
to cook so if anyone has easy cheap recipes, I'd love to have them.
Our mission funds stay the same ($150 month each Elder), so we also
learn to budget our money better.  The reason they are doing this is
because we aren't here to be served by members, we are here to serve
them.  Also 6-9 is prime time to proselyte.  Also we need to start
dinner at 5 and end at 6 so no more than an hour. I think this will
really help the mission focus on our purpose more by not hanging out
at members houses.

Other than that my week has been great.  I love my area and my
companion already.  We were able to have quite a few lessons with our
investigators.  One of the families we have taught are the Edwards.
The husband is a member but the wife and kid is not.  They have a
problem with smoking and drinking coffee so we have been helping them
defeat that addiction.  Awesome family and really nice.  We also have
taught a few people that is hard to deal with, they are living with
there boyfriend or girlfriends house and they want to be baptized but
we keep telling them they need to get married or move out.  It's hard
to explain to them that it's wrong even when they aren't having sex.
They don't get it and get angry.

My area is very cool, really close to the mountains but not in the
middle of no where.  It's a rich area but kinda empty in some areas.
It's got a good view of the strip so a lot of nice houses everywhere.
I'm excited to continue serving here with Elder How. He's been in the
area for 6 months already so he knows everyone almost.  It's weird not
knowing the area or people in the wards.

Something I've really learned this week is the importance of temple
attendance and being positive in your thought and things will go a lot
smoother.  When you are not self critical things get done better and
faster.  I know that when you need help you can turn to our Heavenly
Father.  He is always there to give you strength if you are willing to
work hard to have him help you.  I know God is real and he answers our
prayers.


Almost forgot, I found out today I have to go to court for this drunk driver that hit
me a while back.  Don't know too much about it, just that a lady's
going to call and ask us some questions.  So this is weird and will
let you know what happens next week.


Great week and looking forward to next week.  Love you guys!



Temple trip

Allergic reaction to a cat



No comments:

Post a Comment