Friday, August 12, 2016

Week 2

AREA: Provo MTC
COMPANION: Elder Jensen
 
So first off out of the 12 Elders in my district all but 4 are going to Las Vegas West mission.  The other 4 are going to Rancho Cucamonga, California mission.  My companion, Elder Jensen, is from upstate New York. All the other Elders are pretty spread out, only 4 out of the twelve are from Utah.  All of them I get along pretty well, there are some things they do that annoy me but we have a good district.  And I have been able to go to the temple 2 times so far and did endownment sessions.

Friday- Today I didn't do a whole lot.  We had class in the morning and had really long planning/ personal study for a good 4 hours so I had a good solid hour and a half of study and comp study and took a nap for about 45 mins in my desk I was at and I woke up with both arms and legs completely asleep so I could barely walk.  It took about an hour to go away.  Then went to dinner and had pizza.

Saturday- One of my investigators for TRC excepted to be baptized, even though he is a fake investigator I believe we still strengthen his testimony.  It was our 4th lesson with him, we went over the restoration, plan of salvation, and the gospel of Jesus Christ and asked him to be baptized. Are other investigator was a Japanese lady and she believed in many Gods so it was hard to teach her but we got her to believe in one God in the end.  Someone in our district named Elder Wood was struggling in the MTC, he came out not cleaning everything up but he had an awesome testimony of our church he was just waiting to here from the mission president if he is going home or not.  We prayed on our knees as a district for him to be comforted and that the mission president can make the best decision for  Elder Woods life.

Sunday- Good day for me, it was fast Sunday and I fasted for Elder Wood that he would be comforted and come back out on his mission if he goes home.  Also today I grew a stronger testimony of sacrament and that we are renewing our baptismal covenants  with God and it just helps when you take sacrament seriously and think about all that Christ did for us.

Monday- Elder Wood got the news he is going home, but it's not end of his mission because he really wants to come back out and if he does he'll go straight out to Vegas so he wouldn't have to go to the MTC again.  I really hope he comes back out because he has gone through a lot and has a strong testimony in Jesus Christ and prayer, I know if he comes back out he will help many people in there lives.  The Lord knows what is best for us and he knows that.  

Tuesday-  We taught new TRC's(investigators) and one is Samoan guy name Kainoah and he doesn't believe in God but he wants to be happier. He always has tons of questions.  Are other TRC is Dominic and he a nice old Italian guy and he was raised Catholic but he is really interested in our church and reads the B of M and prays a lot so that's good.  For exercise today I rode on a stationary bike for 55 mins and went 15.5 miles at a hardish setting. I was sweating a ton and ended up burning 750 calories.  The workout made me feel good.  Towards the end of the day we had a devotional and Elder Anderson spoke and it was really good.  He talked about being a more effective missionary and what I got the most out of it was "be clean" "be obedient" "be busy" Three things that make a good missionary.  Also he talked about opening your mouth more to investigators because you never know if what you have to say could change their life.

Wednesday-  The lesson with Kainoah was okay, we went in thinking we were going to talk about the plan of salvation but he got stuck on prayer because he has had bad experiences with prayer so we focused on that the whole lesson.  We got him to commit to pray that night.  Our lesson with Dominic was good, he has a lot of comments and stories throughout the lesson so it's hard to get through it. Some things that happened today that was funny were me and Elder Jacobs were teaching each other to their needs.  We were trying to find a classroom and found a small little classroom and right when we shut the door we both farted at the same time and they stunk really bad.  The worst part was that 2 seconds later two attractive Sister missionaries knocked on the door and said that they were already using the room so we left the room laughing because you could tell on their face that they smelled something nasty haha. It was hard to stop laughing.  Also that same night Elder Jensen had a towel in his hand in our room and I bending over and he nails me in the balls and I dropped to the floor in pain so I got to get him back but had 3 failed attempts. So he let me punch him in the arm the next day.

Thursday- P-day, I was able to do laundry and go to the temple.  Every time I go I learn more and more and I feel peaceful and comforted there.  Wrote e-mails today.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment