Monday, August 29, 2016

Week 3

AREA: North Las Vegas (Deer Springs/Waterfall)
COMPANION: Elder Steward

My first week out in the field has been good. I'm serving in North Las
Vegas and covering two wards, the Waterfall and Deer Springs Ward.  My
companions name is Elder Steward and he is from Calgary, Canada.  He
has been out for 13 months.  He towers over me at 6'4 and looks like
he is 27 but he's 19 almost 20. My area is pretty slow a lot of
finding, and almost all the neighborhoods are gated so we don't have
all the codes to get in.  The second night we were street contacting
and someone grabbed our bags and said give me your bags and my Elder
Steward almost dropped him but found out it was the first counselor in
the bishopric playing around with us. Other than that we did a lot of
meeting with members and trying to get referrals.  We have had only
one lesson last week and it was with a former investigator named Joe.
He's been investigating the church for 3 years but never gets
baptized.  One of the doors we knocked on was pretty funny, Elder
Steward knocked on the door normally and a little Asian guy came to
the door and started yelling at us for knocking on the door so loud
and said we were forcing the gospel on him when we didn't say anything
to him.  He was really mad so just said sorry and left.  Yesterday we
had a guy we talked to on the street saying he has been saved already
so he doesn't need the gospel.  He also said he has died and went to
heaven and saw his mom, dad, and uncle in white robes and we're all
young, like late 20's.  And he said he couldn't talk and then he woke
up in the hospital and that's all he remembers.  Yesterday I also gave
a blessing to a member struggling with an infection.
       

I know I'm doing the right thing by being on my mission, there
are some days I'm struggling to be an effective missionary.  My memory
isn't the best and my knowledge of the Book of Mormon is not the best
and I'm working hard in my studies.  Everyday I feel the spirit in my
life and it's awesome to share the gospel with people even though we
have only had one lesson, but we are working on goals to get more
investigators.  I know this church is true and that Joseph Smith
restored it through guidance from the Lord.  I know our Heavenly
Father sent his only begotten son to die for us. This gospel makes me
more and more happy everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment