Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Week 4

AREA: North Las Vegas (Deer Springs/Waterfall)
COMPANION: Elder Steward

This week has been great, better then last week.  This week it was
when school started so everyone was out of town the week before on
vacation so we were able to meet with more people.  Right now we are
teaching g a 16 year old girl named Sarah and a 11 year old boy named
Cash, they are both interested in the church.  Cash has a baptismal
date on the 21st of September.  We have had 2 lessons with Sarah, one
on the Restoration and the BOM, both awesome lesson withe the spirit
strong.  I'm still getting the hang of teaching back and forth with my
companion but I'm improving.  On Saturday we knocked on an inactive
family's house and they were having a bday party for there daughter.
They welcomed us in and we found out that they haven't been active
since college so all of there kids weren't baptized and they have 3
kids ranging from 8-15 yrs old.  They were talking us to us for a
while and we asked if we could come by another time to teach a lesson
and they were okay with it. This will be a great opportunity to get a
family back to church and baptize 3 kids.

My favorite scripture I put on my plaque is D&C 58:27 continues to be
my favorite scripture.

Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do
many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much
righteousness;

I like how it says to be anxiously engaged in a good cause by their
own free will.  I like this because I try my hardest to do thing that
are right because I want to not just to make your family proud.  I
know that I am serving in Las Vegas to serve God not just to make my
family proud.  I'm doing it because I want to.  I know I came to Las
Vegas for a reason, the Lord wants me here because I know it's the
right mission for me.  I'm so excited for the future of my mission.


Kevin's mission apartment




No comments:

Post a Comment