Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Week 45

AREA: Lone Mountain   
COMPANION: Elder Michaelis 


This week has been great!  Lots of miracles and blessings!

We were able to teach Ruby a great lesson about the Plan of Salvation.
It was kind of a surprise lesson because she said she could meet that
day and then her mom called towards the end of the night and asked if
we could come over to teach Ruby so of course we said yes and it went
well.

We also had another lesson with someone we found earlier this week.
Her name is Monique and the moms name is Amy.  So we had a return
appointment for Friday and we went with a priest (17 year old).  Then
when we got there we rang and knocked and no answer then we decide to
plan what we should do next.  After about a few minutes of being at
the porch planning on what to do next and then we hear the door open
and they said we can come in!  Had a great lesson and left great
commitments, can't wait to meet with them again!

Being a district leader has been alright,  I haven't had a district
meeting yet, that will be tomorrow.

Sorry for the short email but I'm a little tired.

I just wanted to share about what I learned a talk I read!  It's a
great lesson to learn!  The talk is called In the Strength of the Lord
by Elder Bednar.  Something I love that it talks about is enabling the
power of the Atonement.  A scripture that goes along with that is Alma
31:31 which says, "31 O Lord, my heart is exceedingly sorrowful; wilt
thou comfort my soul in Christ. O Lord, wilt thou grant unto me that I
may have strength, that I may suffer with patience these afflictions
which shall come upon me, because of the iniquity of this people."  I
really like how it shows that we should pray for strength and patience
when we have trials, don't just pray for them to magically disappear.
I love the Atonement and how many ways it can apply to our lives.

Miss ya and love ya!





No comments:

Post a Comment